Sunday, July 29, 2007

Have I mentioned how wonderful...

my husband is recently???? Well let me tell you! Earlier this month we celebrated our 10-year anniversary. Just last night we got back from our anniversary trip. I have known for about 3-4 months that we were going on a 4 night-5 day trip just the two of us! Chris planned the whole trip. He started giving me hints about the trip last week and by Sunday I had it figured out. On Tuesday, we flew into Calgary, Alberta, Canada. We then drove about 2 hours to Lake Louise where we stayed two night and then we spent two nights in Banff! It was absolutely beautiful and we had a wonderful time! A HUGE thanks to the grandparents that loved on and took care
of our kids while we were away!
We took a TON of pictures, but I will try to just post the best! The pictures can only give you a glimpse of the beauty of God's creation!
In front of Lake Louise - the highest settlement in Canada (@5000ft.) and one of the 7 natural wonders of the world.
Deer Lodge - where we stayed in Lake Louise
One of the highlights for me - Takakkaw Falls
This is Johnston Canyon - between Lake Louise and Banff - we walked 1 1/2 miles each way to see the waterfalls. The walk up along the river canyon was amazing - notice the catwalk along the edge.

This is the Sulphur Mountain Gondola in Banff - and I actually went on it! I was a little freaked out, but I knew the view from the top would be worth it!

This is a picture from the internet - here is where the gondola brings you and then there is a walkway to go even higher on another observation deck!

Here is the view from the top looking down on Banff.


This is the Banff Springs Hotel. We walked around inside on our last day there and then enjoyed a leisurely lunch on the terrace. There was a wedding taking place just a few feet away from us - so that was our lunch entertainment!

This is the view from the hotel!
What a special trip! Thank you Chris and thanks to the grandparents!

No comments: