Thursday, January 18, 2007

A Year Ago Today...

We were at my dad's house in Florida. Right about this time I was about to go out of my skin - I was getting so anxious waiting for this phone call to come and let us know who our daughter would be. Our case worker had told me the week before that we should hear from them "early next week". Which to me meant, Monday or Tuesday - and now it was getting into the afternoon on Wednesday and that phone was not ringing. My wonderful husband sensing that I could not take anymore, called our home phone to check the messages. Even though we had left explicit instructions that we would not be home, but in Florida, lo and behold, there was a message for us from the agency. I called them immediately and got voicemail (AUGH!!). They called back about 10 mintues later and we were told we had been matched with our daughter! A few minutes later, at the computer, the email came through with her pictures. It was love at first sight! How could we not fall in love with these bright eyes.

We stared at her for a bit and then my dad and Jane came back from a walk with the boys. Steven had fallen asleep, so he wasn't quite in the spirit of things. David "oohed and ahhed" and said she was cute. My dad and Jane immediately printed out all the pictures and we continued to stare. I made several phone calls and we sent her pictures out to our friends and family who were waiting so long with us. We went out to dinner that night to celebrate and we told the waiter what we were celebrating. He said that he was adopted and thought it was great that we were adopting.


So much has happened in this past year. We are so thankful that we were able to bring Rebecca home at such a young age. Every day we all fall more in love with her. Here she is today, smiling and dancing and filling our home with sunshine!

No comments: